Test regression following a fully integrated process!
Regression testing is performed at the desired level:
- Regression testing at program or treatment level.
- Regression testing of a complex batch processing chain of an application comprised of several thousands of components.
Regression tests are executed:
- Either using test cases inherited from the previous version if the application is already uusing RECITAL,
- Or using input or captured test cases if the application does not already use RECITAL.
Test cases building through capture is fully automatic
- On a single or multiple designated environments (often pre-productions).
- Capture of the data used by the programs to test only.
- Characteristics of the captured test cases:
- solid and usable in online and batch reception tests,
- stables (not impacted by the evolutions of the external context),
- independent from the availability of the other applications and external data flows.
Test execution using captured test cases is fully automatic
- RECITAL extracts a copy of the system to test from its native environment and transfers it into the dedicated area.
- RECITAL prepares the testing context, performs the test and compares the results using the reference test cases.
- The number of replays after a first execution is illimited.
Test applications that are not documented
RECITAL can be used even with running applications that are not documented.